Monday 4 March 2013

March 4 - Example Post Of Bad Trade In Bund


Trade occurs at 3 minute mark.

This was my first trade for the week. Not a particularly good one to start with but want to test the posting of a video and some example commentary.

The Bund had gapped up on the Open then sold down to the where the profile level eventually formed at 145.70 - 72. It then tried again towards the Open where it bounced off (the Open) and came back down to the step in the profile where I was looking to fade for a few ticks bounce for some reason. I was anticipatory stupid and jumped in after seeing a small amount of absorption in the middle of the profile. It went against me straight away and I exited at 3 ticks loss before it potentially broke lower. One Stupid Trade given the speed of the market, I should have had the patience for a better entry.

That better entry was at the bottom of the profile range just two ticks down from my entry, and could have expected the bounce after noticeably some more absorption of size was occurring with some buying.

I got more cautious after this loss straight up, and volume continually exited the market for hours to come, so this was my only trade for the day.

Including editing and uploading the video this post took me 10 minutes to get an idea of the commitment involved here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment